[AI] Building of Employment Databse

Xavier's Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged, St. Xavier's College xrcvc at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 21 01:26:55 EDT 2007

Dear All

We at the Xavier’s Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged (XRCVC), St.
Xavier’s College, Mumbai wish to compile a database on employment amongst
visually challenged persons. We all know today that a large number of
visually challenged persons are employed across various professions. We wish
to create a consolidated database of the above for the following purpose:

1.It would serve as an effective tool to help understand employability
issues
2.More importantly we wish to use this as a ready guide for our students and
visually challenged persons who wish to pursue diverse careers. It will not
only provide them information but also help us to put them in touch with
professionals to give them advise of the work scenario in their desired
fields

We do understand that some of the organizations working with the visually
challenged may already have this database. We therefore request you or your
organization to share the following with us

We wish to have the following details for various professionals

1.Name
2.Age
3.Current Employment
4.Profession & Designation
5.Qualifications
6.Contact Details : (postal address, telephone no’s and email id)

We would be very thankful if you can help us build this database. You could
do either of the following

1.Send in your details along with some other persons you know of
2.If your organization has a similar database if you could please share the
same with us

You can email us these details at info at xrcvc.org

Looking forward to your support

Thanking you

Dr. Sam Taraporevala
Director

Xavier's Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged (XRCVC)
St. Xavier's College, 5 Mahapalika Marg
Mumbai - 400001

+91 22 22620661-5 (extn: 366)
+91 22 22623298 (direct)