[AI] Job vacancy at XRCVC, Mumbai for Mobility and Braille trainer

Xavier's Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged, St. Xavier's College xrcvc at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 04:34:02 EDT 2007

Dear A I List,

We are writing to from the Xavier’s Resource Centre for the Visually
Challenged (XRCVC), St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. The XRCVC is a state of
the art centre aimed at providing holistic education to the visually
challenged students of the college. In addition the XRCVC runs a national
level social advocacy project, ‘Project Access’ related to the accessibility
issues of the visually challenged. You can read more about us at our website
www.xrcvc.org (being updated)

We currently have a total of 20 visually challenged students across the 5
years of college. Further our services are also open to outsiders and on an
average we would cater to 25-30 students at a time on an intensive basis and
many more on a pert time basis. Our approach at the centre is to work for
holistic growth and education of our students. We not only work towards
providing educational support but also work for employability and
independence.

We currently offer computer training, English language training and
personality development services. In order to meet the needs of our students
we need a trainer for Mobility and Braille instruction. Our requirements are
as follows:

1. Proficient in both grade 1 and grade 2 Braille and being able to deliver
training
2. A trained mobility instructor with at least 4-5 years of experience and
willing to do mobility training across the city.
3. Proficient in English
4. And willing to aid and help with other center work and activities
5. Computer literate person will be preferred

Compensation would match experience and qualifications. We will not be able
to provide housing or any such external support. Please spread the word
around to your sighted friends also. We will also consider applications from
them.

If either you are interested in the above or know of someone who could apply
for the above post please send in your CV to sam at xrcvc.org or contact us at

Dr Sam Taraporevala
Director
Xavier’s Resource Center for the Visually Challenged
St. Xavier’s College
5, Mahapalika Marg
Mumbai 400001
# 022-22623298 or 022-22620661-5 (Extn 366)
www.xrcvc.org