[AI] FW: Discrimination in the IT industry - what next ?

Sudhir R (NeSTIT) sudhir.r at nestgroup.net
Tue Jul 10 23:37:31 EDT 2007

Folks,

Sorry to keep bothering you with  the issue of discriminatory practices in the IT industry.  But, discrimination is discrimination whether by banks, insurance companies, airlines, civil services or educational institutions and I feel we need to take both reactive and pro-active action.

Can I assume that the silence of the group to my earlier mail suggesting a few courses of action to be a sign of consensus and move ahead with  them ?  I would appeal to all of you to share your views, concerns, suggestions etc in how to proceed with this matter which affects more people than we may expect.

At the same time, IT sector is too valuable a source of employment for the disabled and we need to proceed cautiously in the matter.  However, we cannot leave the issue to individual resources to sort out with their employers as they often lack the legal literacy, negotiating power and stamina to fight alone.  , Just as the group has reacted together to discriminations in other fields, we need to do something in this matter also.

If you feel the matter is too sensitive to be discussed on the list, please let me have your take in the matter privately at sudhir.r at nestgroup.net.

Thanks and rgds

RS
M: 98 472 76 126