[AI] The blind diplomat

mahendra galani at chello.at
Tue Jul 10 02:26:28 EDT 2007

but we are forgetting about both blind life partners in this discussion,
only mairring blind person, does not mean automatik social exclusion
  like weis having sighted partner is not an ticket to social inclution!!

Rajesh, so many sighted girl mairry  blind boy's, because they are toled upon
to do so, not because of love, but mostly for economic reason.
and in social interaction those sighted wife's are only sighted
women,nothing more  then that.

At 07:11 AM 7/10/2007, you wrote:
>Well, he maybe. and I do not, for a second, doubt that a blind person,
>[including myself], may be happily married.
>
>However, blindness surely is a factor in matrimonial choice, as are other
>factors like economic security and many more.
>
>I get a feeling that some members regard matrimony purely a matter of choice
>and would not appreciate use of termslike exclusion etc. This is so, because
>we tend to construe such terms in purely legal or nowadays economic sense.
>However, social exclusion is as real a phenonmenon as any other aspect of
>exclusion. Many of us must have experienced it in even mundane daily
>activities like conversation etc. wwhen one abruptly discovers that the
>person one is talking to has already shifted his/her attention to some other
>person or thing, or worse more, has left the place. We tend to take all such
>things in our stride, however this does not dinimish their reality.
>
>When it is true of such mundane activities, it would only be delusional not
>to apply it to more grave choices like matrimony etc.
>
>Basic attitudes form the core of various interactions including social,
>economic, official and even legal. Reality of various realms is not so at
>odds with eachother.
>
>I am not trying to statistically prove the cause and effect relationship or
>correlation between blindness and marriage, though it may form a good
>research topic in some disciplines. However, mutual impact of above facts on
>one another can not be denied.
>
>Let me present a crude generalisation. It is definitely easy for a blind boy
>to marry a sighted girl than for a blind girl to find  a sighted life
>partner. This is the reason of gross mismatch between the number of couples
>belonging to former type than those belonging to later.
>
>Regards
>Rajesh

with warm regards
        Mahendra Galani
msn ID mahendragalani at hotmail.com       skype ID chintu3886
phone +4314943149 mobile +4369910366055 +436769163888  +4381362988