[AI] Punjab National Bank

Rakesh Kumar Gupta rkgd1964 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 4 13:17:53 EDT 2007

Hi Harish,
I may confidently tell you that some guidelines were issued to all national
and private banks by RBI related to issue of cheque books to visually
impaired persons in September 2004 because I had also collected a hard copy
of that circular of guidelines from a secret person.

Some of main lines are being mentioned here:
"All national and private banks are directed that they are bound to issue
the cheque book to all visually impaired account holders, if anyone of them
demands for it.
Those visually impaired persons are operating their account, they have no
any restriction.
But those persons are operating their account through Thum Impression, they
have some restrictions, such as:
1. They must use their thum impression only in Crossed Cheque and their thum
impression will be verified by their bank manager.
2. They can't issue   self cheque or bearer cheque to any person."
Regards, Rakesh.