[AI] Problem with yahoo e-mail

Dinesh Kaushal dineshkaushal at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:11:25 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Pranay (who is a member of access India) is not able to check his e-mails,
so he has asked me to forward this message on the list to find out if any
one has solution to the following problem.

I will communicate to him if we find any solution.
His message follows.

-----

My yahoo email ID
go4pranayg at yahoo.co.in
is not working for last 5 days. Though i can log on, but it does not show
the email page. I am able to go to the address book, my groups & other
services
of yahoo, and can also use yahoo messenger.
The error message which appears is as follows:
Sorry for the inconvenience.
You've stumbled upon a temporary problem we're having with Yahoo! Mail.
Usually this problem gets resolved quickly, without you doing a thing. In
fact it
may be taken care of now.
 Try pressing the Reload or Refresh button on your browser, or logging out
than back into your Yahoo! account. Hopefully that will take care of things.
If that doesn't fix the problem, please be patient while we sort it out and
try again shortly. The fact that you're reading this page means we've been
automatically
notified of the issue, and chances are we're working on it now.
 If you think you've been more than patient and tried the tricks above,
feel free to
contact Customer Care about Error Code 5.
Thanks,
The Yahoo! Mail Team
I have tried, changing my password, cleaning my temp internet files,
reporting the error as directed in the above error message, but to no avail.

even outlook express is not able to retrieve the mails and it prompts for
login name and password again & again. but using Outlook express, I am able
to send emails using this account.
thanks and regards,
Pranay