[AI] help with configuring jaws

Dinesh Kaushal dineshkaushal at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 22:10:37 CDT 2007

Hi fayaz,

W3c has defined some guidelines for web accessibility under the aegis of Web
accessibility Initiative (WAI), for details visit http://www.w3c.org/wai

Generally speaking, for blind persons there should be text descriptions for
the images on a page, which is done using the alt attribute for the img
element. Img element is used in webpages to add images to the page. For
hearing impaired there should be text description for any audio output.

Another aspect is to add proper descriptions for fields, so that a screen
reader can read it. And one more suggestion (which may not be part of WAI
guidelines) is to use heading tag for all major navigation elements such as
heading and subheadings there are 6 heading tags, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 and h6.
Same as google uses to show each element of your search items.

Regards
Dinesh