[AI] Regarding MP3 Files.

Ibrahim Ali ali.suchi at gmail.com
Tue May 29 07:11:42 CDT 2007

Hello Amiyo and all list Members,

The file size of 128 kbps mp3 will be exactly double in comparison to 64
kbps mp3 files. The difference in quality in both formats can be
acknowledged in sound recordings of music. As sampling rate reduces, it
affects the frequency response of the sound recording. Specially high
frequencies are suppressed according to compression. You have downloaded
books, so this difference does not matter. Even 32 kbps files are ok for
speech recording, if created with sufficient care.

128 kbps mp3 contains sampling rate of 44,100 Hz, the 64 kbps Mp3 contains
sampling rate of 22,050 Hz and the 32 kbps mp3 contains sampling rate of
11,025 Hz.

Regards,

Dr. Ibrahim Ali
Ph. D.