[AI] database of educational books

rajesh asudani rajeshasudani at rbi.org.in
Thu May 17 12:12:07 CDT 2007

No Kanchan

I haven't forgotten the copyright issue.

However, it applies equally well to any public production of material for
the blind in India, be it in a specialized format or not.

We may, however, restrict the access to the particular section of the site
only to the genuine members of accessindia.

I offered the suggestion only because it would facilitate the search for
already available material and would help avoid unnecessary work and
inconvenience by the needy many of which are not well conversant with
technology. The list also facilitates the work to some extent, but a
database would be more handy. Of course, feasibility of the proposition--be
it economic or legal--is an open question.

Rajesh