[AI] Problem with MS Word

Viraj Kafle virajkafle at gmail.com
Sun May 13 16:20:41 CDT 2007

I've reinstalled jaws, but it hasn't solved the problem. It appears that the
problem is to do with the installation of Hindi input language which I did
and later uninstalled. In the installation process, one needs to enable the
option for "right to left language" in the "regional and language settings"
in control panel. When we do this, an option for choosing between "left to
right" and "right to left" appears in the "paragraph" dialogue box, format
menu, in MS word.

But the thing is that I've uninstalled Hindi and also disabled the "right to
left" language option and still I'm having the problem in MS word. By
default, the option in "paragraph" dialogue box is "left to right", but the
moment I use the control shifht erow command, it automatically changes to
"right to left", unless I manually reset it or close and reopen MS word.