[AI] Help with my mobile set.

Mamta mamtabc at accessindia.org.in
Sat May 12 14:09:19 CDT 2007

Hello Nafisa Madam!!?
1. well as far as your talks is concern you must be using a full version
which have been bought from Saksham in Delhi..
now before giving the phone to the nokia service center you can go in to the
talks menu by pressing talks key +star key..
now press key one which will say options.. press your joice stick down to
get to register sub menue it should be your third options.
since its a sub menue you select it and then, go down to manual
registrations.
select that and first it will say your I M E I number.
now press your joice stick down once and then? you will get the serial
number. you can navigate character by character, do copy it down with you on
your computer or save it safely some where.
now when after reloading the software you get back your phone then? you can
load the same version of talks and put in this serial number and your talks
will be a registered one back again..
because talks is made on the I M E I number of your phone? until you are
using the same phone? you can use the same talks key.
(please note the version of talks and keep it with you as well for when you
will have to reload then? it will easier to load the same version back..
well you will get it from the same place where you went go in to the talks
menue by pressing talks key +star key now when you will press key one for
options then? the first options there is about.. select that and listen to
it.. you will get the talks version which is loaded on your handset nokia
6600.).

2. for backing up your contacts and messages wia blue tooth?
you will first have to connect your mobile via blue tooth to the p c and
back it up.. I do not know that how much is this possible? so far as I know
I think that data cable should be a better options to do so..
you can connect it on your p c and copy paste the data and take your back
up..

well if you are not able to back up your data then? kindly contact your
nokia service center/call center and ask them about how to back up the data
with blue tooth/data cable.
ufcourse you will have to install nokia p c sweet in any case first before
even trying to take the back up...
you should have it on the c d in the box which came with the mobile and even
in the box of the data cable..
and even if you are not able to take the back up then? you may want to
request the nokia service center people to take the back up and format and
reload all the soft wares and then restore all your data back for you..
you can be sure that they can do that..
My teacher had some problem with her mobile using talks even she told the
nokia service center people they took the back up for her did all the
necessary reparings with the phone and then? restored back her data..this
center was some where in andheri (east)..

3. now you said that you are able to send messages but not receive them..
firstly you may want to try talking to your service provider such as hutch
airtel or any other.. and tell them about this problem..
they may tell you to enter a message center number.. and this may get
solved... how ever for the reports you have to first go in to the messaging
there press key one for options there press down to the fifth option which
should be settings.
in there the first options is text messages press enter on that I mean
select that one... now third options is receive reports if its no then?
select it by pressing your joice stick inside and then it should tell you
that receive reports is yes.

do try these things..
hope that they help you to solve your problem..
if you still have any questions or confutions then? do feel free to ask...

hope this helps...
thanks
regards
Mamta