[AI] Seminar at Kochi on May 18,19 & 20, 2007

Sudhir R (NeSTIT) sudhir.r at nestgroup.net
Tue May 8 23:02:28 CDT 2007

Dear Access India friends,

The Society for the Rehabilitation of the Visually Challenged (SRVC - http://www.visuallychallenged.com) is conducting its annual Seminar, named Eye T Seminar on Assistive Technologies & Empowerment for the visually challenged, at Kochi, Kerala on May 18,19 and 20, 2007.

The Seminar starts with a Curtain Raiser event at 4 pm on Friday, May 18.  The formal inauguration is at 9 am  the next day, which is followed by six Business Sessions on issues such as Employment, Disability  Law, Assistive Technologies, Professional Education, Integration & Inclusion, and Rehabilitation Case Studies, spread over Saturday and Sunday.  The Seminar concludes with a Valedictory function at 5 pm on Sunday, followed by a scintillating orchestra and dance programme performed by visually challenged artists.  The orchestra is by SRVC's own troupe while the dance performance is by a troupe from Bangalore.

As in earlier years, the main speakers at the various Business Sessions are drawn from the Access India firmament and include Ms Kanchan Pamnani, Advocate, Mumbai, Mr Prashant Ranjan Verma, Project Manager, NAB, New Delhi, Mr Mohammad Asif Iqbal, Consultant, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Kolkatta, Ms Shanti Raghavan, Enable India, Bangalore, Ms Sundari, Mitra Jyothi, Bangalore and Ms Shashikala, HR Executive, Bangalore.  Besides, the Keralite members of this august forum like Renuka, Dr Reshmi, Balaram, Naushad and Reem will also be sharing their valuable experiences.

The organisers have asked me to extend a warm invitation  to all members of Access India to this Seminar and share the ambience of sharing, comradeship and bonding that are  characteristic of such events.  So, why not pack your bags for a weekend holiday in God's Own Country, where rains have already doused the summer heat to a considerable extent ?

In case you need more info on the Seminar, pl do get in touch with me  at my contact info given below.  For registrations and / or arranging logistics, pl call Mr Roy Markose at 094 475 52 387.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at this event and with my warm regards

R Sudhir
E: sudhir.r at nestgroup.net
M: 098 472 76 126