[AI] JNU: No Separate Reservations for the Disabled

Dr. Vipin Malhotra malhotravipin at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 10:46:46 CDT 2007

thanks for the information!
We will lodge our protest against the irresponsible
statement of the vice
chancellor in a  lawful manner.
I wished he could have talked of doing away with the
reservation of SC and
St, by now he would have have to relinquished his
prestigious office in no
time. People think that they could make any
insensitive  statement against
the physically challenged and get away with it. I
think CCPD is to some
extent is also responsible for this. It is not able to
get justice for the
people for whom it is created.
Visually Challenged Persons till now have not been
able to open
their bank account with usual facilities.
The violence against the PCPs is going unabated.
Before some days even Dean of colleges Delhi
University also gave an
irresponsible statement. Where she was sure that
despite the three percent
reservation, we don't have suitable candidates for the
post of lectureship.
In such circumstances how the allotted quota could be
filled up by the
colleges!
These kinds of statements are really painful,
especially for those who
despite possessing astronomical qualification are
still jobless or have to
work against such jobs which are no where in match to
their academic
credentials.
Despite so much of modernization and advancement,
Physically challenged are
still suffering from social and economic disabilities
due to the horrible
attitude
of such people.
Despite, my pressing environment, I could not resist
writing to my brethren
about such heinous remarks. My full support is with
you all. In coming days
I would exploit the resources of my association and
would lodge my strongest
possible protest against the criminal behavior of such
authorities. These
acts are clear atrocities against PCPs. In my opinion
such people should be
behind the bars.
Vip

Dr. Vipin K. Malhotra
President,
Delhi University Physically Challenged Teachers'
Association (DUPHCHTA),
Reader,
Deptt. of Political Science, Sri Aurobindo College,
Delhi University
duphchta at yahoo.co.in
Mobile: +919911113958
Email: <